Frank, eric, Don, Steve, Tommy,

Thanks for listening and for the positive comments. I thought this was "kinda ok", so the "more positive tone" of the comments is a nice surprise.

Brad,

If you look again at the lyric, it's not that he's "tongue-tied" - it's that the things he's tried/said so far haven't done it, so he'll keep trying until they do.

This song was actually written about writing song (and trying to get them recorded). An unrequited love song to the music business. I've ALWAYS hated songs where the writer actually talks about writing songs (Barry Manilow's "I Write The Songs" being the classic offender). I was thinking about the fact that I had (obviously) not yet "said it right" (written something so "perfectly" that it gets recorded). But I wasn't ready to give up - and would continue to search for that perfect combination of words/melody that would be undeniable.
Believing that eventually..."It'll Come To Me". And, although it still hasn't happened,
I still haven't given up...

Tano,

Glad to see you mention the "fit" of "eloquently". It's my favorite thing about this song.