To address your question Scott about why would someone move a project from RB to another DAW for mixing.

It's workflow for me. Audition does edits much faster than RB does. Example, cutting, pasting or sliding audio tracks. RB does that just fine but does it slowly while Audition does it almost instantly. I could not figure that out until I realized Audition creates some kind of temp files and is working with those initially. When you're finished with your project in Audition and save it that's when you discover it. Audition will ask you what do you want to do with all those edited temp files. You could save each and every one of them into a separate directory if you wanted to. If you don't and just want to save your result as your primary project then you click "no to all" and it will go through a very elaborate "flushing temp files" thing that can take 10-15 minutes depending on how many edits you did. For me working with live band recording tracks it was a ton of edits and one song would take maybe 20 minutes to save. RB apparantly does not do that, it handles the edits in real time so it "appears" to work much slower but then saves the project in a few seconds. In reality when you include the save time in Audition, I think both programs are about the same in the total time it takes to edit, mix and save the same project. It's just that the initial workflow is much, much faster in Audition and I like that.

There's other things like the audio edit window is full screen in Audition, you have much more control over it with the mouse than you do in RB, stuff like that. So, bottom line I stopped importing those projects into PT/RB and started with Audition several years ago.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.