Visual: I'm not a graphic artist but look at other DAW's. Look at the color schemes and most importantly not just color but texture. Modern software is similar in look to luxury cars. Look at color schemes on a Lexus, Mercedes, Cadillac, Ford Fusion, etc and just come up with something that looks modern. Black, silver, chrome accents with some hot modern colors tastefully thrown in. Just that alone without changing anything else would go a long way to modernizing the look.

Now for some real oldie but goodies that have been talked about for years. Please, please get rid of 20 year old terminology like MME or the really old soundcards/synths like a Soundblaster 16 FM synth, crap like that. Really, who among your customers is actually using a 20 year old Technics KN650 or a Korg M1 or an Ensoniq (sorry Eddie)? Those things came out in 1985. Keep the synth list short and modern and have a button that says "have an older synth?"

Real Track/Drums selection: If it's a RT style and you want to change the guitar then when you right click to change the RT it opens to whatever RT is selected now. But, if it's a midi style and you want to add a RT guitar it opens to the top of the list. If it's guitar have the list open to the guitars and in addition, if it's a bossa style, then have it open to the bossa guitars, or tex mex or jazz or whatever. Simple and logical.

Midi individual instrument selection. Similar to the above, if it's a funk style and I want to change the guitar part there must be some way to isolate all the funk guitars from all the different funk midi styles that contain a guitar. I know this one is probably much more difficult than the RT thing but it sure would be nice. As it is having the ability to plug in individual midi instruments is really fools gold. Trying to find a part that's hiding inside different midi styles is just not worth it. Since you gave us that ability, I've given up on trying to use it.

That's enough for now, I know I'll have more later.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.