Jazz mammal: I think you make a fair point, I was away from BIAB when I posted. Here are some specific suggestions, Main GUI only:

Everything 64 bit as well as 32.

Support unusual time signatures properly - no two bars equal one bar thing..

Develop a MIDI window and assign the MIDI part info of the display to that. I am talking of the section that is displaying 'electric piano' (when in this piece there is no electric piano), GM2 F + Volume, Pan, Tone, Bank0, LSB, Mreverb. I doubt if most people use this much and the MIDI instrument name misleads or is silent. Who uses LSB?? Very few, and they should find it in a drop down if they really want it.

Clarify the looping: At present we have the loop button, the loop sec button, the tick box for loop then the spinning arrows icon for loopsec in three different places. - maybe a 'transport bar' like cubase - but dockable.

Make the instrument names for the tracks either accurate or simply name them one, two, three etc.

Loose the Windows 95 look. Here I cannot be specific but even behind the main screen in the dialogue boxes everything looks dated.

When something is a MIDI only function, label it so (e.g. reverb).

Have a Zoom function available in the bottom right of the gui so you can see more chords if desired

Make the Roman numerals function visible on the Main GUI - handy for quick analysis

Controversial: Loose RB and integrate it into BIAB - have a sequencer view. (I know many wont like this but cleaving the application into two entities is IMO a bad thing).

Have tool tips that give the notes for the chords. If you hover over Bb Sus 4 it could show the notes.

When I look at the top of the gui for the particular song I am in almost all the information is inaaccurate or irrelevent. Its composed of real tracks, features harmonica and organ, none of which show. There is no electric piano.

Improve the notation screen. For me its unuseable and breaks up into blocks when the creen chagngers - this should never happen. Bars are often cluttered to the degree of unreadable - note heads in black crfowed blocks. I ma jsut looking at the TAB menu for guitar in "The Stars Above" and its a mess of bits of numbers. I never use notation because of these issues - even though I can read. Why a 'leadsheet; window, AND a 'chord sheet' window? Integrate them please.

Consider having lyrics displayed under chord sheet? I know this is not as easy as it sounds.

Song structure window:
Give us more power over the structure of the song in the way it is displayed. Most songs can be divided into structures like IntroAABA, ABABA etc. Give us a window where we can control at this level, giving us the option to repeat a letter - e.g. AABA and have it show with the correct repeats on screen. Have an option for A1' and A2 where the eight bars are essentially the same but tweaked (usually last couple of bars). Include pick up notes.

Concerning roman numerals and song structures. Often in a song, particularly Jazz, songs go slightyl out of the home key form, for example a 2/5/1 might be built on the dominant or a tritone substitution used. Roman numerals takes you so far, but sometimes you might get say a 2/5/1 into a minor or something. If BIAB could have an "Analysis screen" that did more than simply convert to roman numerals this would be a great learning tool. Maybe with suggested scales for unconventional chords too. This could be a strong selling point.

Anyways.. these are my thoughts..

Win 11 64, Asus Rog Strix z390 mobo, 64 gig RAM, 8700k