Could be that I'm missing it, in which case there's a documentation / helper deficiency.

But I'm a 50's guy learning jazz guitar and am very glad I bought BIAB. It is SOOOOO much better for mastering tempo and pulse and learning to do that to the flow of other instruments than learning with a metronome. What I do (right and wrong) is obvious immediately.

Thus, to the guitar neck display:

1) The default sizes don't fit my Macbook Pro, so I have to type in custom size. Fine, but I have to do that every time I open it up! It should remember my default size.

2) The phyrgean / aeolean positions with the major scales are great, but it would be very nice to be able to pick my own scale (especially for intermediates the simpler scales like pentatonic and blues - in modal if you wish).

Learning a new language in mid-life isn't easy. It's further made more difficult by differing views on how to learn. Most materials deal with chords and scales. But music is chord progressions with overlying scales (if you prefer to think the other way around, fine). You have a nice visual display that could help learn how the chord progressions interact with the scales and melody/harmony.

3) This would be somewhat complicated as an interface, but the current scales are diatonic and don't change with the progression. Fine, but since one can also change the scale to suit the chord, the scale could do that too, since BIAB knows the chord! This very dynamic interface would be useful in the tutoring mode. Right now I do it with chord/progression maps I've made on paper.

Thanks,
GEM

Geoff Moore