Quote:

Pat, that would be great if BIAB would formulate a brass section. I have been waiting for three years to see something like that come out by PG. My first preference would be to purchase something from the PG family as their customer service coupled with this discussion board community is second to none.

I am going to hold on NI for the time being and hope the next release of BIAB will have something. It is the one thing that will get me to upgrade!

Keep in mind that if a future PG update includes horns that come as MIDI SUPERtracks instead of as RealTracks, libraries like this will squeeze every bit of realism from the MIDI... so it isn't a matter of "either-or" ... it's more a matter of "this plus that = best case scenario"

Going back to the "music as a modular system" concept again, it would be using the best of class horn MIDI with the best of class Horn Samples.

Actually, NI Session Horns probably aren't the best of class horn samples.. but for $119 they provide a lot of bang for the buck. BEST of class would probably cost well over $1,000 (the cost of flying Eddie and his buddies to your house, feeding them pizza and beer etc etc)

oh, plus the cost of therapy after they leave...