Good answers ya’ll. Although technically this forum is for showcasing songs and this discussion should really be posted in off topic.

Listening and commenting takes time. So if I’m time pressured, as I am this time of year, I’m usually going to listen to 3 or 4 songs with lyrics and vocals first as opposed to instrumentals. When I have more time and I’m in a listening mood then I listen to more. Unless I don’t relate to it, I listen to the whole song. Sometimes I listen twice before commenting. It’s too easy to say things that get taken wrong when talking about people’s creative babies so I try to think more before I type now. Sometimes I just don’t know what to say. I tend to go to people’s songs that I know first or to welcome a newbie to the board then get to the rest as I can. I’m not purposely trying to slight anyone.

If feedback comments posts were calculated on this particular forum, I would be one of the top posters. I’ve given lots of my time here on the users showcase since it began. Which brings me to this point.

There are posters who post songs and make zero comments or maybe one or two total on others work then disappear. I don’t care whether they comment on my songs or not - when I see this as a pattern I don’t go out of my way to comment on theirs or give them high priority in my listening. Most of us here are all working on our own projects too. If they want time they should get off their ego trip and spend some. Others come and go because life happens but I know they do actively participate when they’re here so I keep a look out for them.

Finally, if a poster says some variation of “this is not finished” then 99% of the time I don’t comment or listen. It’s nothing personal, I’m just not interested in hearing first drafts unless I’m actually co-writing with someone. There are other forums for that so it‘s not a priority here for me.

That’s my viewpoint - along with a big +1 to all the great answers already said.