Hi boehm,

I've just read your email and I've got to say that they're interesting points you raise.

This forum is only a couple of years old and I've been using it since it started. During that time, I've seen many posters come and go.

Personally, I try to listen to and to comment on everyone's work. I also try to help out those struggling with understanding the software in the BIAB Windows, Mac and Realband forum. My time is limited. Because of this, I put helping others ahead of listening to and commenting on users' songs. Inevitably this means that I miss out on hearing some great works. I also let some enthusiastic members of our community down because I fail to acknowledge some excellent compositions. Until there are more hours in a day, though, I can only do what I can do. (For example, if a song takes around 3:00 mins, then listening to 10 songs as well as making 10 comments would take me around 40 minutes.)

I suspect that the reason there are a large number of views for some songs are due to the fact that some people either like to listen to a song multiple times or they like to keep up with the comments that are made in a particular thread. I've noticed of the years that if a thread has some element of controversy associated with it, HEAPS of people read it.

By the way, as I've said on a couple of your songs, your work is amazing. You've taken BIAB in directions that have never ever occurred to me. I imagine that if you are still posting in a six months time, you'll have quite a fan club clicking on your songs to listen to them.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024