+1 to most of the answers here!
Like many others I have some weeks in my life when I'm engaged on other things and time spent on music is reduced (never to zero though!), so I don't get to the forums as frequently. At the moment I'm working hard on pulling my band together after a couple of personnel changes, and as someone once said it's like trying to herd cats!

At other times I'm heavily into a song project for days on end, in fact I've had one 90% complete for some weeks which has been interrupted by various other activities.

I love hearing the variety of contributions here and may respond for a number of different reasons, e.g. if I really like the song, or if I think I can help when a poster asks for comments. I also fully appreciate that posters can be at different stages in their songwriting/homerecording jouney, and there is no way I will 'throw water on their campfire' (thanks Eddie) if I can find nothing positive to say about their piece. If a song has been assembled from only RealTracks, is bland, boring, badly sung and in short has no redeeming features whatsoever, I see no point in posting to that effect. That same poster may be a beginner, has learned something from the process and will later produce something intriguing - who knows.

I've seen a couple of posts saying this place is clique-y. I strongly disagree. If someone gets a lot of listens and positive comments its because, in my experience, they've posted something appealing and well recorded. No one here would be so churlish as to ignore or adversely comment on a newbie's song just because they were a newbie.

Songs web site
YouTube Channel
BIAB 2019
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4