Of course, I'll remove BiaB and other paid programs from them first and wipe the memories with an appropriate app (all except the OS and the apps that came pre-installed).

But I have a big, beautiful Power PC eMac and I also have two Atari 1040/ST computers that haven't been turned on in years.

Checking eBay, when they sell, they are good for $25 - $35 dollars. Hardly worth the time and hassle of finding and/or buying packing material to ship them out without damaging the CRT.

I could put an ad in Cragigslist but I live in a secluded space, on a dead end street, and I really don't want anyone coming to the house that I don't know. The neighbors are pretty fussy about this and for good reason. A neighbor did some custom bookbinding. High end work. A few years ago, someone just came out to case the joint pretending to be interested in books, and before you know it, his house was emptied. Fortunately we also have a good crime watch, the license plate and car description was reported to the police, and they caught the thieves about 15 minutes later at a car wash in the poor side of town putting the stolen goods up for sale. His unlucky day, he was wanted for a number of burglaries and got 26 years.

I could put the computers in the trash, but they are working computers and I hate to see them in the landfill. On the other hand, a computer is only as good as its software, and nobody writes software that will work on these computers anymore.

This county does not have a recycling program for used electronics

So what to do?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks