Sigh, here we go again, bash Microsoft. Have you not read the very comprehensive testing done by Cakewalk with Sonar? There's a thread around here with the link and in fact there's two links I think the other one is Pro Tools. Both report Win 8 is faster running these DAWs. Nnot just a little bit faster, much faster. This is using the Desktop version, not Metro. There's several people on this forum running Biab under Win 8 and they love it.

How can somebody say they don't see any reason to change if they don't know about these things? True, maybe for what you do, you don't need the extra speed but man, every new OS has lots of hidden features that usually make our computer lives much easier and as a general rule, newer is better even if you don't know the details about them. I'm in the process now of checking out my setup to make sure everything I have will run ok under Win 8 and if it looks good, I'll upgrade.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.