Quote:

<...>I am in the school that instruments should be played and not displayed like museum piecs, so it gives me joy to know someone skilled is using it.

Which is why I sold my Modele 26 and even my Mark VI tenor - I really preferred the H.Couf. Perhaps the favorites of all I owned. I'm now playing a custom finished MacSax that I dearly love. The intonation is much better than either the VI or the Couf, the tone is big and bold, and it is very free blowing. I can't make a direct comparison with my old saxes, but I'm glad I didn't keep them.

I have a 1970 Gibson ES-330 that used to be my favorite guitar. As soon as prices for collectibles goes back up, it's on the auction block. I love my Parker so much, I hardly touch the Gibson anymore. BTW, slightly on-topic, it was my first electric guitar. I also had a Japan Epiphone flat-top, the model number has long since faded from the blue tag inside the body.

Every once in a great while I have a little nostalgia for my old instruments, but other than the resale value of the VI (which has been blown out of proportion for the horn), I'm glad I sold them because if they were here, they would just collect dust. An instrument needs to be played.

And many of those first instruments, the Silvertone/Danelectro, the Harmony, or Kay helped a youngster learn about music and in the hands of someone with talent, were able to make great music. Some of the high-end instruments of the not-so-distant past were hard to play, had poor intonation, but were used to make great music.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks