Hey Josie!

I've now got a new favourite song of yours. This is top notch in every way!

There were some things that really stood out to me as exceptional crafting. Firstly was the use of the second-person-narrative point of view (that's what Pat Pattison calls it when one uses all pronouns except me or I and their related derivatives). To my ears, second person narrative is a very intimate form of story telling. In this instance, it's like the singer is taking a friend aside and giving heartfelt advice. When second-person-narrative perspective works, it works brilliantly. In these lyrics of yours, it's a hand-in-glove fit; perfect.

The second thing that stood out to me was your amazing lift. The two similes about a train and a plane added just the right touch of philosophical content to the lyrics to push them forward into the chorus. To my mind, these lines really empowered the chorus no end. The music that underpins these lyrics is also first class! (I've got to say that the train and plane are both powerful "gone" images and a masterstroke choice.")

A third thing that stood out to me was how skilled you are at singing and mixing your vocals. The writing, the performance and the production of this song are a tremendous credit to your abilities.

All the best,
Noel