Quote:

The Beatles could have been just another doowop 60s band but they did something new.

They did something new MUCH later. When they were first signed, they were playing Buddy Holly and Chuck Berry songs.

I still TOTALLY admire every note of what they did (Sgt Pepper? C'mon now! Maybe the best album ever in my ears.) and they were the first concert I ever went to. Yet for all of what they did at a performance level, for me it was their writing that set them apart. Total genius.

Just because, 10 albums I will always own. A couple of cliches in here but still on my list.

Beatles - Sgt Pepper and Rubber Soul
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall
Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
Sting - Bring on the Night
Zappa - Joe's Garage and Overnight Sensation
Todd Rundgren - Back To The Bars
Meatloaf - Bat Out Of Hell

Of course I HAVE everything The Beatles, Sting/The Police, Todd Rundgren/Utopia, Tower of Power, Average White Band and Earth Wind & Fire ever recorded, and several others like Spyro Gyra, Lee Ritenaur... but that 10 is the list of CDs I will always own.

But back to topic, I am sure there is a "Clem" (or a "Clementine") somewhere in the area who is "that" good and needs some material. I just need to find him or her. I know a lot of singers. Churches everywhere are full of good singers, and if they sing well in church choir with all those harmonies, they get a look. (I know... recruiting in CHURCH???) Finding one with the same goals that wants to bother is the thing. Most of them just want to sing in their cover band and make their $100 a gig and have no desire to try and get commercial. The upside is that it's not like I am betting my house that I can get a song on the radio. If it happens, I'll check it off. If not, it won;t be because I didn't try.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.