Yes, I understand all that guys I was looking for something new with the Omni Synth 2 and it looks like there isn't. Axey's question #2 is the focus of this thread.

Axey, there's two different things going on with Sampletank and Biab. The first is the regular use of ST. It's as described already, you have to pick each instrument manually inside ST plugin interface screen. You have 16 midi channels in the left pane and the instruments in the right. You can set up multiple default's inside ST to match the same midi channels and instruments being used in Biab. Therefore no, ST is not as simple as a true GM synth like the TTS-1 or the Forte Dxi. I use both of those too. The second way is exclusive to PG Music and Biab. It's the new Hi-Q instruments and it's very clever. First you do not have to have ST set as your default midi synth. You simply right click on any instrument like bass in the main Biab window and select Hi-Q instrument. That opens up a list and you pick the bass and that's it. ST is playing the bass and your default synth plays the other instruments. No need to open and go into the ST plugin window. But and this can be confusing, if you want to use the large pallet of IKM instruments then you do need to open the plugin window and set it all up.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.