I tried the procedure Peter suggested, and it worked (Song played in the same key, but the chord sheet changed by the -2 that I entered. )

I wonder if this is new, because in the past when this topic was discussed, I came away with the understanding that the chords in NOTATION view could be changed, but I never found a way at that time to change the main chord sheet without also changing the pitch of the song.

It may have just been added in order to accommodate the non-concert pitch transpositions.. I notice that when I use the new "non-concert pitch" transformation listbox, the value it sets gets inserted in OPT>PREFERENCES>DISPLAY>TRANSPOSE

Although you could manually add ANY number to this input box, the non-concert pitch listbox is just an interface that is pre-coded with some common transpositions. Apparently, what Peter is going to do is add more hard-coded options to the list box so we can visually pick "CAPO-2" or whatever...

But the real capability already exists to do what we're talking about.

The only problem, as has already been noted, is that it is not a song-specific change... it changes ALL songs, not just the current song in which you may be using a capo