Quote:

if your capo is on the 2nd fret, and the 1st position chord you are playing would normally be a "D" without the capo, then you are actually playing an E chord because the capo raises the pitch of what you're playing 2 frets (a whole step)

The number you enter in OPT>PREFERENCES>DISPLAY>TRANSPOSE (-2) is basically saying that the chord sheet will show the chords 2 frets lower than the actual key of the song. If you move the CAPO UP this number goes DOWN by the same value.

FB, the key words in Pat’s explanation is “the actual key of the song”. Using the D fingering with the capo on the second fret example if you want to hear that E chord but want to see a D chord on the chord sheet you must input the song in the concert pitch chords or as Pat said the actual chords you are hearing. Then you can use the –2 transposition option to see the D chord but hear the E chord.

Good luck

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware