I don't agree about the reverb. I have some doubts that the reverb settings were changed after verse 1, so if it was okay after, it may be an aural illusion in verse 1.

And that song you used as your example of what is right is WAAAAAAAAAY overproduced. But see, there's the rub. You like that song and the way it was constructed. I don't. And we're allowed to not like the same thing and not think the same thing is "right". I think all that layering and layering and layering of strings and stuff just destroys the purity of her voice and clutters up the song. Adele is best when she just sits at the piano and sings. (And I am not an Adele fan, BTW. I don't see the allure. She's okay but not all that, and it surely isn't because she's hot. There are local girls here at least as good, one I can say is better.) With $5000 to rent a real studio for 5 hours, with pro studio players to play for me, and Fraser Smith to produce me like he does her, I am quite confident I could do magic too. Maybe you'd even see me at the Grammy Awards. (WITH Adele!!!)

This reminds me of another thread where someone said "Put on one of your favorite CDs and make it sound like that." And Silvertones made the PERFECT comment. "I can stare at the Mona Lisa all day and not be able to paint it." Well, I would LOVE to "make it sound like that". If I could "make it sound like that" I wouldn't be working at an IT help desk. I would be working and living in Nashville making a lot of money producing music for a living. Unfortunately, I only have me and my home hobby studio, so sounding "like that" isn't going to happen.

Rog did an outstanding job for not being in a commercial studio. And that 16 year old kid nailed it.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.