Hi Josie and Kevin.

I'm quite happy with your comments about the reverb, as I am about any constructive suggestions and who knows. maybe you're right? Probably the bulk of my commercial producing was done in the 80s and if you listen to any power ballads from that decade they're all drenched in reverb. That and the "Phil Collins" snare drum, which you'll also hear on this track!

Back in the 80s we'd just got the first digital reverbs and producers were encouraged by the record companies to use them to excess, simply because the small independent labels couldn't afford the equipment to imitate it. If you had an Eventide 949, a Lexicon and an AMS, it cost about the same as a small house.

One of my over-riding memories of producing, is that it was impossible to create a mix which even the members of the band could agree on, so I never expect the same opinion from everyone. The best you could hope for was to please the man (or woman) who was paying the invoice.

Anyway. many thanks to Eddie for composing a brilliant song for us to work with and for showing that he's a true professional in the way he gave us a free hand to do what we wanted with it. (Many composers are funny about these things).

Thanks also to everyone who commented.

ROG.