DC Ron - Glad I could actually help someone for once.

You didn't dork anything up, the DXi does (and should) work on my machine but isn’t the most stable thing, and I crashed out of BIAB more than a few times playing with ST and Omnisynth until I tired the VSTi version.

Especially problematic when you load the Omnisynth2 GM bank "script."

FYSA to whomever wants to run down this rabbit hole the "script or patch list" (whatever you want to call the STMP file) is just a simple but complete 001-128 listing of 128 OmniSynth GM .stip files but mapped so that patch select 1 maps to ST 0; patch 2 to ST 1, … 128 to 127 (looks like zero based patch select) .

So if the script (STMP) is loaded then as soon as you hit play, and BIAB tries to send the initial patch list to ST, the whole thing freezes (BIAB, ST). Again ONLY the DXi does this (on both a WIN 7 64 bit and Win XP 32 bit machine).

The error is "Access violation in Sampletank2.x.vpa …." And since the VSTi works and I'm done chasing this DXi down its particular rabbit hole.

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20