Thank you for the quick response… especially on a holiday 

Good luck Pat with the DJ software. Automatic tempo changes are not something I need but I can see why a DJ would want that functionality. I hope it works well for you.

Thank you Terry, the software you are suggesting looks great. I think I still want a hardware MP3 player but I already have a lap top I could use. So your suggestion may be what I decide to use. It’s way more versatile than the hardware MP3 players I have researched.

Hi Danny, I was hoping you would respond. I have read many of your posts over the years and I know you have a one man show and you are very experienced in what I am doing. Most of the time I just sing and/or lead the singing but sometimes I play guitar or mandolin along with the tracks. My sets are short… usually 4 to 6 songs so that’s why I thought a hardware MP3 player might be a good backup for the CDs. I will be involved in a memorial service this Saturday and I don’t know what material the Church can handle. I will find out tomorrow but I was thinking that a portable MP3 player would allow me to just hand it to the sound person and not worry about burning CDs. I could also make last minute set changes if requested.

But I do understand what you are saying about using a laptop. Terry was suggesting the same thing and that may be the best way to go. Although I would be a little more hesitant to hand the laptop to the sound person… maybe I would ask for a mixer feed and keep the laptop with me…. I’ll have to think about that some more. BTW… having lyrics and chords visible are required for me all of the time. I’m used to hard copies (master book) but I have seen people use laptops for this and it seemed to work very well. At least the fan didn’t blow their lead sheet on the floor or turn the page mid song <LOL>. So what software are you using?

Thanks again guys… I will consider all you have said and make a decision soon 

Gale

Mr. G