the "regulars" ARE all older, but that doesn't mean there aren't young users.

I'll venture several guesses why they aren't here:

1) this forum is moderated and fairly civilized. In my forum-hanging days, it was my experience that young people gravitate toward totally uncontrolled forums where they can say and do whatever they want. This forum would not allow that.

2) It doesn't take long to figure out that the "regulars" are older. What kid wants to hang with gramps? Kids want to be where their peers are, not their parents and grandparents' peers.

3) BIAB assumes that the user has some knowledge of music theory. A generation of latch key kids raised by single parents who never got music lessons has gravitated toward software like FStudio, where the rules of music never come into play, as long as they can drag loops

4) BIAB stands alone as a music software product that caters to older styes of music that don't appeal to MOST kids (though there are exceptions)

standard disclaimer:
the opinions expressed here about stereotypes of young people are reflective of the OP point of view. PGMusic and its employees neither endorse nor support the opinions set forth in this post