Quote:

Scott... do you currently use any PGMusic products?

No, I do not. I've made investments in other programs that will not function properly with PG products (specifically Jamstix and all of the 'packs' ) that keep me using a different DAW that I migrated to when ASIO did not work correctly for playthrough of VSTi. My understanding is that issue is largely gone these days, but I can't justify what amounts to throwing away my $150+ investment in Jamstix to give BIAB/RB a whirl and see what works and what doesn't.

I was a PTPA user for about 8 years and purchased 2 or 3 updates over that time frame - total investment in PTPA was under $100 (I can't remember what I paid for the original - I think it was $29, and then $19 for each update - if I remember correctly).

I have a special place in my heart for PG Music because it was my introduction to computer based recording/composition. I got lots of help from Mac and rharv and russell de mussel through the forums on getting started and answering my questions.

I have to say that once I experienced real-time play through of VSTi using CMuzys, which came for free on the cover CD of computer music magazine. I begged for awhile on the wishlist for this capability with PTPA and it was nothing doing. I migrated to a different DAW which has features which really click with the experimenter/engineer in me and I haven't come back - but some day - perhaps.

-Scott