Actually - I've found Scott's comments very helpful and useful (thanks for that Scott) - and also like the music he posted very much. Sounds like you guys are arch-enemies (like Batman and the Joker, for example) regarding opinions on the BB/RB UI. I happen to think you are both right on the topic - the current UI is very logical (for the most part), and can get most jobs done fairly efficiently, but the 'old style' packaging does make the product 'look and feel' dated - even though it's the most sophisticated, useful, amazing music composition product on the market (that going well into the second decade). And I also agree that without some major modifications to modernize the 'look and feel', that other products with pockets far deeper than PG's (e.g. Apple, Steinberg, etc.) are finally focused on the music accompaniment aspects of their products, and can and will catch up and surpass - especially in terms of catering to the type of music that's in vogue today, rather than 'jazz'. Ironic part is - I would think it's much easier for PG to incorporate additional features and styles for the current 'music in vogue' today than it is for the competitors to do the same regarding jazz and pop styles. It's unlikely that the product teams in these big companies (just my impression) are going to be equally focused on underlying music theory the way PG and his team were. In fact, it is the expertise, focus, and staying true to the underlying music theory as the tool (BB/PG) was developed that maybe left less energy and resources for the UI - from a ration perspective, that is.

I grew up when those vintage synth sounds came out, and to this date, I haven't heard anything as radically new (just further refinement and morphing of the initial technologies). Now - your taste may or may not be the same as Scott's, but I really enjoyed hearing a composition that Scott posted that went outside the typical jazz/pop/traditional music application of RB/BB. And I could see Scott's point that RB/BB doesn't have enough built-in support and styles for more modern music - e.g. to enable newcomers with less music background to more easily manipulate music loops and whatever else makes that easier in other DAWS (I have to go back and look at the details Scott provided).

Lastly Pat - and you are the most similar personality I've met to mine in a forum - Scott fairly reminded you that while you defended the BB/RB interface as being 'just fine, thank-you', you never really answered the initial post question, which was "Why not more 'regulars' that are in their teens, 20's, and 30's that actively participate in PG forums?"

(NOTE: -the following comment is meant to be funny, if you find it offensive, I apologize in advance)

Perhaps your another one of the snooty jazz types that needs to 'keep out the rabble'