Nah, I don't think so we're all friends here. Speaking for myself I completely understand what's being said and have no problem at all with anything.

To answer one point that was brought up, the reason most of us will criticize these products is because we're big fans of PG and want the company to succeed going forward. However, having been in sales and marketing most of my regular working career I can say you don't have to be all things to all people to succeed. Even though our type of music along with the theory and education part of it is a shrinking market and it looks like it's getting smaller by the hour it's still a pretty large niche when measured by absolute numbers of people worldwide.

I've always thought that our classic jazz, rock, country, blues and regional traditional styles will finally wind up as part of the classical music arena and will continue to be taught in universities for a very long time as in centuries. That market will settle into a small but steady percentage of the population just like true classical music is now. If that group represents say 10 million people and PG is capturing their fair share of that, that is still a pretty big customer base and as a small company they can stay doing what they're doing and be happy as clams regardless of how we think they can improve things.

I really think they're missing the boat though by not simply revamping the look of the logos and website like Scott said and not producing some true pro quality promo videos. Example, why isn't the new 2013 video in HD? All the tutorial vids while certainly helpful are truly amateurish looking compared to what the others are doing. If PG can bring in pros like Brent Mason or Jeff Lorber for the Real Tracks, why can't they bring in a real producer for the videos?

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.