Quote:

When they're headlining in Vegas, that's as mainstream as you get. Remember when Elvis settled down at the Hilton for 7 years and how that was the beginning of the end of the big band style orchestras there? I really hate to say it but our stuff including "hip" jazz fusion is basically dead as far as the big picture goes. We're on the periphery looking in.

If we only look at pop music, that's true, Bob

But some of the most successful businesses are those that focus on niche markets, because they are often the only presence in that market. People who focus on whatever is mainstream end up dividing the pie among all the contenders for that market.

That's part of what makes this niche interesting. The baby boomers are still one of the largest economic special interest groups of all time, especially as we approach retirement and have time and disposable income on our hands. Whether or not it's their target I can't say, but PGMusic's products have strong appeal in that market, while everybody else is dividing the pie in the "contemporary" music arena.

But, what is contemporary? A lot of Christian and country music sells quite well in todays marketplace, and PGMusic products are a better match for those genres than anything else.

And you COULD make a hip-hop, TECHNO or TRANCE song in BIAB, but I'd hate to have to make a country song in FLStudio.

Also, among the products that appeal strongly to young 'uns, I wonder how much product they actually SELL, as opposed to how much gets bit-streamed. I would guess that a high percentage of PGMusic's users actually paid for the product, whereas I would bet that A lot of the online activity for those other products is stirred by people who didn't pay for the product