Sorry, but I see too many assumptions here...

There are actually a lot of young people interested in real music, and seriously studying their instruments. You only need to take a look on youtube to discover an impressive new generation of GREAT players on every genre you can imagine, including, of course, jazz music.

Then, regarding electronic (and "contemporary") music, well...there's bad electronic music and there's is very good and interesting electronic music around there, just like in any other genre. Miles Davis, for example, recorded "Doo-boop" (essentialy an hip hop album) when he was 65 and Herbie Hancock made the same on "Future2Future", a great electronic jazz album, when he was 61 years old. The attitude and the respect that these (among many others) great jazz musicians have always had towards new musical tendencies should be a lesson for all of us.

Having said that, I'm personally happy with the basic BIAB philosophy. The program is, by nature oriented to simulate live musicians on different styles, and this is, precisely, what makes of BIAB such an unique program on the market.

BUT, at the same time, I wouldn't like to see BIAB keeping "anchored" to a couple of main styles. IMO, the balance between jazz and country realstyles on one side and realtracks covering other genres is disproportionate. This is the main reason I haven't upgraded this year. While there are a couple of new (and very welcomed) styles and instruments offered, most of the new realtracks seems like new variants of styles and patterns already pretty well covered. I personally don't really need every conceivable country or bossa rhythm guitar pattern in realtrack format, but will be more than happy buying new sets covering classic disco music (think Nile Rodgers), funk music (think James Brown or The Crusaders), or any other set expanding the coverage of soul, reggae, afrocuban music (danzon, mambo, son...), brazilian music (samba-reggae, brazilian funk....) or any other genre you can imagine.

I don't know if the average BIAB user is over 60 or not, and in fact I think this is not the point. But I firmly believe that everyone seriously interested in studying his instrument in every style is a potential BIAB buyer. In this sense, for me it's clear that a wider stylistical coverage in future versions (and, yes, an aesthetic and functional redesign of the GUI) would attract new users. No doubt.

BIAB 2024, latest build.