Going back one more time to a previous post where I ask if there are more 'interactive' ways to practice and learn piano rather than looking at sheet music exercises and DVD's - wouln't band in a box be the perfect complement to reading (piano) exercises in getting to know the piano keyboard layout without looking at the actual piano keyboard ? At one level, this doesn't teach you to read notes on the staff, but at another, by seeing and emulating the (piano) music visually displayed on the BB/RB keyboard, and trying to play it without looking at your fingers, assuming you are reviewing the names of the notes internally in your head - is this not a wonderful way to complement your reading studies while making it it more fun, interactive, and using the power of the computer to do so ? I think there's a guitar where the frets light up, and a piano where the keys light up - similar concept, except then your dependent on looking at the instrument itself. BB/RB is one step of improvement (for the disciplined practitioner) in that it teaches you to memorize the instrument without looking at it - something very difficult without a little help at the beginning (all this just coming from my imagination - as you all know, I haven't learned to play the piano yet, just practiced reading some scales and gotten bored quickly - looking for a more fun interactive way, maybe as I've described above).

Let me know what you think of the above as a complement to any music program.