I'm posting in the RealBand wishlist, but it applies to Band-in-a-Box, as well.

It would be really nice if you could run ACW on an audio file that I imported in and marked all the bar lines, and then having the program stretch/shrink the audio within each bar to match a specified whole number bar tempo.

For example, when I click on F8 to mark the bar lines in an audio file, I'll often end up with something like the following:

Bar 1 - 120.5 bpm
Bar 2 - 120.2 bpm
Bar 3 - 121.0 bpm
Bar 4 - 119.7 bpm
Bar 5 - 119.4 bpm
Bar 6 - 119.7 bpm
Bar 7 - 120.3 bpm
Bar 8 - 119.9 bpm

I could then tell RB/BIAB that I want the tempo of the song to be 120 bpm and it would adjust each individual measure by either shrinking or stretching the audio to end up with a steady 120 bpm throughout the song. For that matter, it would seem that th4ere shouldn't even be a reason why it couldn't be 140 bpm.

Since RB/BIAB can today adjust audio tempos up or down now, this should just be a math problem, but instead of adjusting the entire song, it would adjust each bar until all the bars have a constant tempo.

This could really help with, for example, recording some free form playing, but then adding in accompaniment parts, especially for those of us who aren't blessed with a solid internal metronome.

I hope this made sense.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com