Something a little different this time. A Love Song - a flat-out "I Love You" Song. One of those "wedding songs" (don't ya hate those). Perhaps the hardest kind to write (I think). It's easy to get "sappy" fast. I have a co-writer on this, but for the moment, he will remain "anonymous".

This one felt like it should be as simple as possible. So it's just a piano.

RealTracks in song: 887:Piano, Acoustic, Solo-Accompaniment FolkPopPrairie Ev 100

I have a dear friend who listens for me and gives me an honest opinion (we grew up together playing in bars). Everyone should have one. Someone who will say "Man, that just doesn't quite work. You can do better." When he heard the first pass - just piano and vocal - he said "It's done!".

But I wanted to know what the BIABettes could do with it. If they could "be trusted" in such a "naked" environment - nothing to hide behind. I typically use them in "full production" songs - they get "hidden in the mix". I wanted to see what would happen if they had nothing to hide behind.

When my buddy (listener) heard them added, he chose the original, solo version. The one-to-one intimacy of piano/vocal. I had originally mixed them (the BAIBettes) "full-out". Like when a vocal band lines up together on stage - everyone equal (the "quintet" version). I re-mixed it and toned them down a bit and chose that as my "final" version. That is the one you will see at the top "with BGV".

Set In Sone

The other two versions are at the bottom after the lyric - if you care to hear all 3. IF ANYONE listens to all 3, I would love to hear which you would choose (I don't expect many to do that). It has been an interesting "learning experience", just the same....

floyd