Hi Robert,

Thank you for listening and for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts regarding "and". I've had a number of people in the past comment on that: some like it, some don't and others don't have an opinion on it. I completely agree with you that it's not natural speech and so fails that standard songwriting test of "say it naturally".

Believe it or not, using AND was the starting place for this song. I regularly read Shiela Davis's "Songwriting Idea Book" to get inspiration for a new song. One of her strategies is to begin with the word "And". She says, in almost identical words to what Brallan says a couple of posts down, that using "And" makes a lyric feel like it's starting in the middle of a conversation. Then she mentioned "My Way" and "And I Love You So". I thought it would be interesting to try the technique out. Fortunately for the song, if any singer wants to leave the word out, they can and the lyric still works.

All the best with FAWM. I don't how you manage to do these songwriting challenges. Your dedication to songwriting is nothing short of absolutely amazing.

Best regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024