Sounds like a good idea. I think mixing and songwriting suggestions would be helpful in it's own forum.

Quote:

you might not be a songwriter at all, and you want to get started. You just have an idea for a song (some lyrics, but not completed). People can give you suggestions, tips on changing words etc. to make the lyrics better. Note: It would still be "your song", and contributions from members would be freely given to you.

I don't like the idea of encouraging someone to use others to write their "song idea" for them instead of learning the craft themselves while it remains "their song" - just saying. This wording is sending the wrong message imo because

"(some lyrics, but not completed)" That's crossing the line. We call that "co-writing" in songwriting circles where I come from. If I help with a word or a small suggestion for a song you've written that's one thing. If I flesh out an idea or write any new lines that are used then I am co-writing that song. Slippery slope.

I like Pat's idea of Gear reviews and discussion too where it's all in one place.