However, Peter's first sentence says "We are planning on adding some additional forums..."

1. How Do I...?

This is a staple of the "Off Topic" forum. The big question is whether someone who is capable of answering such a question will venture onto a forum that will largely contain "newbie" type questions. In the "Off Topic" forum, there have been 100's over the years who would help out of the kindness of their hearts, but they were already on the "Off Topic" forum.

2. Help My Song

This is another staple of the Off Topic forum. BiaB is a tool for the songwriter. I think it is logical to break the "critique my song" and "fix my mix" topics out in their own forum.

I absolutely share Josie' misgivings about writing from scratch. (I'm NOT talking about general comments during song creation like "try switching to a minor chord here", etc.)

3. Add on's for BiaB

I see a commercial advantage for PG Music in doing this.

This is new turf, because these folks have largely been excluded from the Off Topic forum, at least for commercial purposes.

I have one MAJOR misgiving. About the only one currently present on the Off Topic forum is Notes Norton. Some forum members have been upset that he included even a tag line about his styles. It's never bothered me, ever. I've thought he has kept a good balance.

For me, Notes Norton has been in the top handful of Off-Topic forum posters over the years.

When I see Norton's name attached to a thread, I read it. It's almost always worth my time.

If he's both places fine, but anything that causes him to leave the "Off Topic" forum is BAD.

I think Alyn's ("Gibson's) suggestion about making some forums read only for PG product non-registered posters has GREAT merit.

n. Reviews

I think Pat Marr's idea about a "Reviews" forum is a fantastic idea!!! But if and only if people would actually post reviews.

There's a problem with it though, (and also forum idea #1). Many years ago, we used to be able to search 5 years (or more) back. Now posts seem to be unavailable after a couple of years. (I haven't checked this lately.) If someone reviews a microphone, for example, I may be very interested, but not able to seriously shop (purchase) for a couple of years. Then the review's gone.

This is a forum that should be read-only for non-registered! That cuts out (or greatly reduces) the phony troll-type reviews.

n+1. Jokes

I disagree strongly about a jokes forum. Don's thread took off, but through the years one of the things that has given the "Off Topic" forum its flavor was the occasional joke post.