Been thinking about this a lot since the thread was put up. And there have been a lot of good points brought up.

While the Off-Topic forum does, at times, seem kind of a "jumble", I would hate to see it broken into too many pieces. There are many times that I think a thread will not interest me, but I "take a quick peek", end up reading the whole thing and learning things that I would otherwise not have learned.

This is the only forum that I have ever participated in. It has a great "community/family" feel to it. Would hate to see that change because "some of the kids have started hanging out with elsewhere" (...other areas of the forum).

I did spend a lot of time reading posts in another forum (but never "joining"), years ago at pizzamaking.com - learned everything I know about pizza making there - it was (and probably is still) a terrific forum - filled with everything you could ever want to know about making pizza. At the time, it was similiar to what this forum is now - just a few "main heading" forums. Reading the main one regularly provided information on every type of pizza and every brand of ingredient and what work for people and what didn't.... it was interesting, informative, and entertaining.

Then... they decided to "make it better" by categorizing. The different types of pizza all got their own area. So did each of the ingredients. Suddenly,, you had to go to 20 different forum areas to "learn" the things that you used to get all-in-one.

I quit going.