Peter,

This is YOUR, or at least your company's, forum to do with as you see fit. But the current status quo is bad because? is limited how? Even the one that apparently inspired this in you has not been hampered by only using the OT for general "music" related topics that I can see.

And since you put it out there:

#1 - if done CORRECTLY each Q&A would end up as "sticky" at top of that particular forum (so there would lots of 'em at top of forum) or better yet end up as FAQ with "monographs" within each topic specialty (which I suspect 95+% of anything anyone could ask is already somewhere else on the web, or on this forum, in other forums, …)

#2 - my crystal ball sees problems there but I have no dog in that fight: I wouldn’t be participating on that on at all (safer that way)

#3 - isn’t that what the wish list forums are for?

My tone above is simply "to the point" it is NOT meant to be caustic or sarcastic I respect you, your company and I LOVE your products - best value in music SW going!

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20