How about a 'meetup' forum, where people that are big fans of BB can possibly meet other musicians that have an interest in either/both socializing in person and/or playing music in person, and sharing tips face-to-face for using BB/RB/RT via 'show and tell' type gatherings, e.g. "Here's how I have fun using the product, and here are some things I do with it. Also "Hey - there's a great music performance coming up at _{fill in venue}_ - would you like to go ?"

Actually - if bandwidth wansn't such a large issue, some of the above could be done live,remotely. And to get around the bandwidth issue, this could also of course be done via people posting videos, though then you lose the spontaneity and live interaction. I'm always in front of my computer - I really need to meet people in person and get out more (any of you out there feel the same ?)

I'm wondering if there are even enough people here in NYC that are enthusiastic enough about the product to want to do something similar to the above. Are there even enough enthusiasts that might also want to "Connect with other BB/RB/RT users in my local area" ? The only place in NYC that I've found anyone to discuss the product with is in my own basement when I'm in front of the amazing Internet connection that lets me converse with you guys in many different places.

How many more enthusiasts are out there, and are there any more here in NYC ? BB/RB/RT is quite a sophisticated product, and the people that are enthusiastic about it are generally a pretty interesting, intelligent bunch - certainly a pool from which I'd like to (and have made) new friends.

Here, for example, is a meetup.com website for people that like to practice. There are other meetups in NYC for people that like bluegrass, technology, socializing, etc. Why can't we use the PG forums to attract people locally to do something similar in our own localities ?

http://www.meetup.com/NYC-Group-Music-Practice-Together-we-all-get-better/?gj=ej1b&a=wg2_cio