I've been following this thread and you started with the right idea and that is to announce to all and sundry your plans as a way to motivate yourself to actually do something so you don't look foolish to the people you made the announcement to. That can work but you're already getting completely sidetracked with technical computer crap that's keeping you away from your primary goal which is to write original material. You've got two threads going right now, one about some driver issue with a Creative soundcard and another with your new PC and how to flash the bios. I know that describing those problems and responding to others suggestions has taken several hours of your time and you probably haven't written a note.
Forget all that stuff and I mean right now or your plans are on a one way trip down the dumper.
You're doing the same thing my sister did. A few years ago she had a showcase at the Whiskey in Hollywood with my nephew on guitar and she brought the house down with several standing O's. A producer came up to her and said he wanted a demo cd of one of the originals asap. She hadn't recorded it yet. My nephew has one of millions of project studios in Southern California and over the next six months tried one version after another and finally never got it done and they never contacted that guy.
The thing is she plays acoustic guitar. I have an Akai DPS 16 hard disc recorder and offered to lend it to them and told them just play the damn tune in one take get it to him but no, they wanted to make a production out of it, make it perfect, all that crap. Now this is Hollywood, maybe that guy's a total fake but they never got it done so they'll never know. It's the song, her voice and that's it and it's the same for you. Buy one of those new Zoom's for a couple of hundred or whatever, lay down a few tracks of your originals and get this thing on the road. Now. You're wasting too much time, man. You can do the project studio part later. If you actually sell something, they're going to redo it anyway.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.