Quote:

I know that describing those problems and responding to others suggestions has taken several hours of your time and you probably haven't written a note. Forget all that stuff and I mean right now or your plans are on a one way trip down the dumper.

So you mean I should put up AND shut up? *g*

You are absolutely right. Not a note has gone to disk. (Even if it had, I would have lost it with the Creative Update fiasco. I thought I backed up what little there was before I reformatted, but I couldn't find a thing later.)

As a partial defense, I have also been working hard to get into a live gig--contacting bands and musicians, honing my resume (finally!), attending jams and auditions (working on material beforehand when possible. One artist has told me to expect a call back for a second audition and has given me charts to work on until then.). There's that little Life Happens thing, too--one guy hired me as a bassist and sent me the charts for the gig; I spent two hours printing them out and $30 on ink and paper, only to have him call back and say he'd changed his mind.

I am committed to the PC workstation. I'd love to have a dedicated bit of hardware but it just ain't in the foreseeable. I could get with friends but that is problematic owing to schedules and their own projects. I could drop back to analog four-track, but . . . I think not. To paraphrase Apollo 13, "This is what I have to work with."

I have taken your and Mac's advice to create a demo as my A-1 priority. I don't have a myspace site (although I am registered elsewhere) because I have nothing to post. I now have a shortlist of reference recordings and a longer list of ideas I have been working on. I will try to keep traffic here to a minimum until I have a message with an mp3 or a URL attached to it, 'kay?

Thanks to everyone for advice that only dedicated musicians could give.

R.

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."