Quote:

Yes, I'm a hobbyist. I started learning the piano at the age of ten, with sixteen the bass and later drums and saxophone.
For twenty years I played in a band (mostly in American officers' clubs), and for another twenty years I ran a sound studio.
But that was all hobby beside my actual job of being a teacher.
(Although one of my subjects was Music for about twenty years).
Now I am retired and only want to be creative. That's why I experiment a lot. I just love the process of creating.
And it's great fun to find out that some people like my stuff.

your musical resume exceeds what I would call a hobbyist. It may not have been your primary career, but the time span during which you were continuously engaged in performing or recording (presumably for pay) puts you (in my opinion) in the pro or semipro category. And it shows in your musical sensibilities... you have the kind of feel for song construction that can only be learned through extended refinement of your ideas and experiments.

You are one of several people posting here whose music really impresses me, and the common denominator among all those masters is the time spent on the craft. A newby with great software can make a really good sounding song using the built-in automation.. .but to create the songs you (and some others here) create requires a LOT of musical sensibility. By that I mean the ability to differentiate between what sounds good and what sounds PERFECT

And you do an AWESOME job of assembling those perfect parts into a song