I echo the sentiments on this board to this point. The funny thing I find about this is how people from all parts of the world can become intimately acquainted with one another. I am sure few of us actually met John pesonally. But, he was a guy that invested his wisdom and personality here to where we all have been touched by his character.

The neat thing also that comes with this medium is that you can go back through past threads to get a chuckle over John's observations and thoughts we would all share together. So, it is almost like those TV shows from the 50's where the actors have long since died, yet you can watch them as if they were still working on the screen.

For my conversations with him, I gleaned a lot from his perspectives on music. My prayers go out to his family. Although it was not a surprise given his preexisting condition; there is still that loss in their lives that we were never wired to experience. No matter how generations come and go we will never conquer it on our own. Only One had come to conquer death. And only in Him can that peace and assurance be found when that day comes to all of us.