Hi. New member, old guy. I have been on this forum some years ago, when I got my first BIB, but I have been overwhelmed with the work of building a house and farm, so I had to back away from the learning curve.

Having been a musician since I was a child, I have managed to acquire some knowledge and understanding.

I tell you all this, because I do not want to waste the valuable time of members, trying to figure out what I need to resolve my problems.

A number of unresolved issues first:

1. Missing bass notes in REAL TRACKS, (reported to PG), they appear in the dots, but are absent in sound?
2. A click and jump, like a fault on a vinyl record track, on my DELL laptop whilst playing music and BIB. Local computer buffs just scratch their heads!

In my previous membership to this forum, Some kind member suggested that I review my study of music on the guitar, to include a numerical system based on scale numbers as per the Jaco Pastorius tutor, giving me a better view of scale and jazz patterns. I am well advanced (by my standards) now, and looking for already transcribed solos to advance my study. Are there any recommendations?

My final query in this thread is, what scope is there for using my laptop to drive my guitar with? I do have GARRITAN but so far, I am unable get this to work. PG sent me a document indicating the limitations of using this with the package that I have WINDOWS XP 2000 AND BIB 2012. Any help would be helpful.

In connection with this last problem, can AMPLITUBE AND GARRITAN be used in ’real time’ and not just in recording.

Cheers