Ian- Thanks for your listening and confirmation, as well as advice and information.

Thanks Rhary! Not sure why my friend wasn't being clear about that then, but I get what you are saying here: ie, the 2 conductors + 1 ground , do not necessarily a balance make. Thanks!

Mac - Unfortunately, it's *not* what I want that matters. It's the churches money and they are attempting to keep the budget as low as possible. We do not have the luxury of doing what we want. It would be nice though, ...on either account, certainly a stage rig at the keyboard is ideal, if you have the funds and ppl trained in how to fix issues on the spot.. another of many problems for our situation as well. I am not trying to usurp what is best for the church, so that I can play on a different piano. I think a lot of ppl take for granted how much a producer or musician spends on his/her equipment and how much effort goes into keeping that item up-to-date, maintained, properly licenced, cost of vst software, router, adapters, sequencer and more. We are doing what's best for our *church's* needs.

Mac and Bob- I mentioned that we don't own a computer for the stage and it's not our intention to purchase one. I was glad, though, to hear about how it's done as I was curious.. but you all greatfully were fully clear early on about how to use the computer to soundboard. Thanks again. Our present computer *must* remain where it is for projection and movie reasons. We'd have to buy a second one. We can't afford it.

Bob- Either by your implicit impatience or by your explicit statement that *you think* that I don't know what I'm talking about.... It's just rude. I stated (on page 2)that we are not intending to do a computer set-up on stage... and one of the many reasons why. If you are not going to read my posts, in their entirety, then why would I respond to your every question? Had you just said "Amy, you mentioned that you don't want to put a computer on stage because there's not enough room and there's not a booth in the back. Well, why is that a problem?"... Well, I would have answered that for ya and explained our unique set of circumstances as to why, as well as the financial and logistical issues to doing a rig on stage, for many reasons.

For the help I've received Thank you ... again. As for the environment of this thread... either I've been completely unclear or this is just not the best place to have this conversation.

Last edited by amynelson; 05/13/13 06:38 PM.