Amy you wrote:

"Hypothetical:
"The computer CPU in the music sense - this is where the sound conversion from digital to analog will happen if you are using the computer as the sound source. The analog data DOES NOT travel with MIDI back to the keyboard."
Ok.. so.. I'm going to try to clear up the confusion here. Does the computer have to change it to audio there? Can't it continue on a *midi* path, all the way back to the keys and then change it at the sound machine interface *inside* the keyboard? Again, this is hypothetical for the sake of learning midi vs audio, etc, under the understanding that you'd be using a newer keyboard that has an actual midi to audio interface within them now. I'm under the impression that that is how keyboards are being made now. You don't need computers anymore and can run the entire digital portions of the band off the keyboard, as it is now the actual rig."

THIS IS NOT TRUE - THE USB FROM THE PRIVIA IS MIDI ONLY. It is not an audio interface that communicates digital audio on the USB.

You also wrote:

"Now, back to the Privia and our church: _________________________
I believe the USB transfers both midi and audio seperately, but on the one USB line... Some of the line's bandwith (a tiny amt) is used for midi, and the rest is used for audio. This is where the USB ports make for frustrating conversations. USB is also supposed to transfer midi and audio in *both* directions. This Privia user's manual states that the keyboard sends both, but receives only midi. Totally confounding as to why that would be the case. In the end, as USB ports change (we are moving into USB 3 "age" quickly here).. and as our budget would hopefully cover expenditures today that would last over at least a 10 year period...one would think that the older drivers will become extant for this keyboard and other USB2 only keyboards. Also, a major factor in our decision to go ahead with another Keyboard. Since MIDI is standard and doesn't use drivers, this is a must for our new keys. "

Again the misunderstanding here is the the USB is carrying both MIDI and audio. Not true for this Privia, but true for your audio interface that you use at home. True for the Tascam US-800 interface that I use at home. However, that is not the case with this keyboard, nor most keyboards that use USB. This is the fundamental misunderstanding that you have with your whole premise.

The PX-130 is NOT a full USB audio and MIDI interface. It purely is a MIDI interface, and it may only be one direction; that being out of the keyboard.