Originally Posted By: rockstar_not
Amy, you wrote that the Privia manual states that both audio and midi travel on the USB midi. This is not the case. Here is the manual: http://support.casio.com/pdf/008/Web_PX130E1B.pdf

It is MIDI only. See page 24 and on from there in the manual.
Very typical for USB connections on music keyboards. Very few actually communicate audio on the USB as well.

-Scott

Yep. The hypothetical idea is not my speaking of the Privia. I did, however, share that page with our church music leader last month and showed him how we had to use a cpu on the stage, purchase software, etc, or buy a different keyboard and we are not in the budget for an entire new rig set-up. This is how I've come to attempt to move past these offers, on the board herein, and get right down to what gaps of knowledge that I need to fill. One is the question about my own set-up at home.

The Privia is being used to the extent that *we* can use it, unless someone here on the board wants to donate the funds for a cpu, some software, an interface, some wires and maybe a belkin type of converter box too, since we only have an analog snake. {shrug} That has been clearly confirmed to me, by your clarifications.... and your comments have been most helpful about that. Thank you!

Last edited by amynelson; 05/14/13 02:56 PM.