Your songs always bring a smile to my face, and how can I not like a song that rhymes "keep her" with "deeper." The barking at the end is a nice touch - I like how it comes in with the beat, instead of waiting for the song to end.

You write these great songs that telegraph where they're going miles before you get there, but they're so well done (and sung with so much feeling) that they don't feel cliche. (Oooh. I see Pat's commented on that already).

And I like the changes over the chorus - I'm a sucker for maj7 chords. You do fun things with the rhythms, which makes the song interesting.

OK, minor nits. I understand the line "is that enough", but it somehow doesn't work for me. Maybe because when my kids tell me that, I know they've done the absolute minimum amount of work, no matter what they say.

The lyric "no one could ever love her any deeper" might make more sense the first time around as "no one will ever lover her any deeper". Then again, a certain forum member has suggested that changing lyrics to song choruses is a cardinal sin. smirk

Last edited by dcuny; 05/31/13 01:39 PM. Reason: Because I can.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?