David,

I've got to be honest and say that my (very) first impression of this was that the timing of your presentation couldn't have been worse, considering the fact that Guenter has recently posted some excellent projects using a more advance synthetic voice. Comparisons are inevitable, and you are at a disadvantage being a single developer working for free without any kind of subsidy.

But the more I listen and compare your synth voice to the one Guenter is using, the more impressed I am with yours.

The biggest difference to my ear is that yours has a pronounced artifact where the syllables are joined together, whereas the other engine has figured out a way to blend the syllables more smoothly... which, in a song environment is definitely more musical.

Having dealt with artifacts when blending snippets in a DAW, I have to wonder if it would help to fade each of your separate syllables on both ends so the sharp edge that causes the artifact is less pronounced when they are joined together.

In the final analysis, all comparisons aside, what you have accomplished here is PHENOMEnal! (pun intended)

I wish you much luck with further development and I look forward to hearing more examples as time goes on.

Last edited by Pat Marr; 06/01/13 12:24 PM.