This is a co-write with the Merritts - Janice and Bud. The whole experience has been a hoot.

Hopefully, you heard Janice and Bud's version within the last week or so.
It is beautifully done. Bud's production is a thing of beauty - simple and elegant - utilizing an acoustic guitar, a mandolin, a fiddle and a cello. Janice's vocal is even more of a thing of beauty - hard for me to even describe - you've got to hear it to understand. The combination presents the song as a heart-felt, heartbreaking look at a possible love slipping away. If you haven't heard it, do yourself a favor and go listen - it should be just a few entries down the page...

The interesting thing about this is that while they were working on their version/production, I was working on mine. What comes out of that is a look at how the interpretation of a song can vary greatly from singer to singer or production to production. It's like two different songs - completely different (a cool thing, I think...)

Also, how well BIAB provides for whatever your vision might be.

This version is all guitars - a lot of them - (they don't necessarily all play at the same time). And where the singer in the "Merritt version" was "contemplative" the singer here is almost "attitudinal".

Hope you enjoy the "look from the other side".....

TRYIN'

Here are the RealTracks:

RealTracks in style: ~518:Bass, Electric, Pop HalfNotes Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 1849:Bass, Electric, ModernCountrySync Ev16 100
RealTracks in style: ~365:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 380:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Syncopated Sugar Ev 102
RealTracks in song: 633:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopAmericanMuted Ev 120 (A:sync)
RealTracks in song: 861:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm HardRockWaltzSustainHeld Ev 140
RealTracks in song: 805:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm DrivingCountryBalladClean Ev 065 (B:held)
RealTracks in song: 630:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopAmericanDirty Ev 120 (A:arp)
RealTracks in song: 1762:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Pop16thsArp Ev16 085
RealDrums in style: NashvilleEven8^5-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

I added an acoustic (hey, it needed another guitar!) and did the vocals (duh).

Comments encouraged.

floyd