I think it's safe to conclude that, if the numbers aren't lying, one answer to the "Problem(s) with Jazz" is now forthcoming. Many responses to my original post emphasized accessibility, a clear line-of-sight to the melody even when it is being transformed under improvisation.

And there was the oft quoted word, "noodling" as in "aimless noodling, possibly at 120 mph". Well, you just can't noodle with chords or play them at 120 mph, although I must say I do try.

At first I thought smooth jazz might be the accessible music that could attract the interest of Forum members. But numbers don't lie. Cerveza! will wind up getting more listeners than any of the smooth jazz, parody tunes, funk, vocals, or blues that I've posted. Because the improvisation is melodic. That's progress.

Aleck

Sweetwater Creation Station. BIAB 2018, Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio, Izotope Nektar 2, Ozone 8, KEYBOARDS: Kurzweil Artis 7, Crumar MOJO, Hammond XK-3, BASSES (fretted & fretless by Ibanez, LTD, Warwick. GUITARS by Guild, Gretsch, Ibanez, Eastwood (12 string)