Danny,

you're a mind reader! I was just thinking the same thing.

I agree that putting it off for too long is risky, given the average age of the forum regulars. But making it too soon would exclude some because of existing vacation plans.

I think if we set a date and place about 1 or 2 years out, people will have plenty of time to plan for it. June 2015, for example, would be good for me because I will have just retired and neither time nor money would be an obstacle yet.

A good location for a SouthEastern USA meeting would be Atlanta, which is the home of at least one forum member, and in reasonable driving distance from Fla, Lousisiana, North Carolina etc.

Or, we could include the entire East coast, in which Case NC would be almost the middle. There are at least 4 or 5 forum members in NC

Other Ideas:

1) plan a cruise, and anybody who wants to come could make reservations on the same cruise. That would open it up to a much larger attendance

2) rent a beach house or mountain cabin and extend an open invitation to the forum. (it would be a good idea to get a head count in advance so the rental could be appropriately sized)

3) Maybe PGMusic would host something. I'd be willing to attend on my own dime if the official nature of the event lured a larger crowd. But it would probably be most workable for the West Coast contingency

Any of these ideas should include some provision for jamming or at least entertaining with our own trax