Originally Posted By: bobcflatpicker
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
Originally Posted By: bobcflatpicker
John,

Does that mean you're not allowed to have an opinion unless you can fill a stadium?

Not at all Bob! I just get tickled when regular folks (like you and me) are critical of guys like Springsteen who have achieved incredible success. It always comes off sounding like sour grapes.

And anyway, it is all just our opinions in here, right? laugh

It's all just opinions, ... that's true. I just get flustered when someone says I live in a "small minded little world" just because I don't like Bruce Springsteen. I think his songs are pedestrian, his vocals are mediocre at best and his guitar playing is worthy of a garage band. Just because he's popular doesn't mean he's good.

And I don't have fame envy. I've never tried to be "famous", and I never will be famous. I just think Springsteen sucks.

Oh well, ...

As I said earlier I am not a huge Bruce fan but he has sold 120 million records, won 20 Grammys, won 2 Golden Globes, won an Academy Award and was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Rolling Stone ranked him as the 23rd Greatest Artist of all time, the 96th Greatest Guitarist of all time on their latest list and the 36th Greatest Singer of all time in 2008 (source: Wikipedia).

So, by any objective standard we might choose the guy has pretty clearly established that he is "good"! laugh